Reviews and Events Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism!

While Metrodome and Crawl Hole came out a little over a year ago, I was delighted to see the excellent Rob Clough of TCJ.com and High Low Comics has recently taken a very favourable look at both comic. Rob said of Metrodome:

"This macabre and darkly humorous duo continue to be a perfect writer/artist pairing... It's essentially two artists playing around but committing to a premise with great enthusiasm and seriousness."

And of Crawl Hole:

"This macabre and darkly humorous duo continue to be a perfect writer/artist pairing... Their take on horror is smart, funny and genuinely unsettling."

Thanks to Rob for his time and enthusiasm for me and Iain's work. Also recently was Craig Neilson's review of Crawl Hole as part of an in-depth look at the Scottish Independent Comic Book Award nominees.

"Crawl Hole is actually an almost shockingly intelligent endeavour. Collins makes sure that ever tale has a point, that every observation has a meaning, and rather than simply shocking the reader with a barrage of surreal weirdness..."


Thanks to Ceej for his kind words! Now, crawling from the wreckage of reviewing to gravitate to the inordinate density of some upcoming events. I'm very happy to be returning to Scotland's MCM Comic Comic con this weekend on the 5th and 6th of September. Come by and see me at table B6 and get your fill of experimental weirdo comics!

Last year was a hugely enjoyable time of comics, banter and extraordinary cosplay. I even met this foppish young dandy.


Then come November 15th I'll be back at the prestigious, invigorating and terrifying comics singularity that it Thought Bubble! Much like 50 Cent, you will find me in da club, the club being New Dock Hall.


So what exactly is going on in the dank comics writing oubliette at Fort Collins? Where I can find the time I've been working pretty successfully on some substantial longer form comics and I'm pretty pleased with how it's coming along. There's won't be much to say or show for some time, but to scratch that itch of getting fun weird stuff out there, I'm working on a few wee things that may or may not make it to my Thought Bubble table. We'll see. I bought a sketch pad. It can only end in catastrophe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insert opprobrium here